Meena in Uttar Pradesh
- Meena campaign a special intervention to enhance community commitment for girls education was initiated under DPEP.
- Post screening discussions were carried out. In these discussions people expressed desire to send their daughters to schools.
- This communication tool for girls education has been used in VEC, MTA & WMG training.
- To invite suggestion and feed back from field, a workshop organised at state level. Concept of Meena Manch emerged in workshop.
- To provide a platform to adolescent girls to express themselves.
- To develop the capabilities of leadership & cooperation.
- To give a platform for discussion about adolescent queries.
- To develop the skills of creation, writing & paintings etc
- To develop life skills for better standard of life.
- For the awareness of child & women rights.
Five member Executive Committee is elected from among the members. The executive committee constitutes of
- Two members
Meena Facilitator -
To facilitate the Meena manch one lady teacher of school is nominated as Meena facilitator. 3 days training is given to Meena facilitator. These facilitators provide active support to Meena Manch at school level.
For documentation of Meena Manch activities and spokespersons for manch is Meena Prerak
- Selected in general meeting
- Girl with leadership qualities
- Girl with ability to convince
Regular meeting of the executive committees is held every month followed by a general meeting of Meena Manch. These meetings are called Meena Panchayats.
Interventions of Meena Manches-
- In cluster schools of NPEGEL these Meena Manches are actively handling the school library, sports activities& management of early child care education centers.
- Mobilize community through role play, story telling and discussion regarding these issues.
Children attendance Searching out of school childrenEarly child marriageDowryHealth and HygieneGender discrimination Preparing education plan for their village